Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Long Ride on Labor Day

As a reward for successfully completing his dissertation Scott wanted to ride the Natchez Trace from our house to Nashville. His friend SD from Nashville rode with him. We caught up with them at about mile 100 of 121! The 15 minute break was fun and refreshing (for them, not us so much as we had made about 6 stops before we met up with them!) The pit stop was in just the right location for the kids' voices to echo. Good times. We were then hosted for a BBQ in Nashville. I think we made it home at about 11pm. LONG day but great to see good friends and have good eats.


Oh, did I mention that the actual ride time was a little over 8 hours and 9hours and bit total time? Sheesh. I'll stick with running a half marathon once every 5 years. We are running the CMM 1/2 marathon in April. Anyone else want to run too? We may even sign up the older two kids to run the kids version.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sallyavena said...

I might be in, but it depends on whether or not I messed up the pin in my foot when I slipped during a hike. It only hurts at random times, but man is it painful. I actually haven't tried running on it yet.