Monday, April 19, 2010

Bathroom make over and a couch too!

Scott went to Peru for spring break and left us to have our own fun. So we (me and Wendy) tackled a couple of projects while he was gone. The first was the bathroom. The seashell wallpaper has been a sore spot since we moved in. It is so much cleaner without the shower doors. The new wall color brightens it up as do the new curtains. The shower curtain was the bargain of this endeavor. They are very expensive to buy nice ones. I found it for $2.50! I took off the beaded trim and added a band of matching fabric and a bit of ribbon to bring it all together.

We added the kids artwork for some whimsy and color. I love it!




I can't find the picture to show the before but this new look is much better. My friend and my SIL did most of the work on the recovering. I sewed the pillows! It took many many hours to take all the old fabric off. Well stapled it was! The new legs made this redo much more expensive than I planned but it was still under $100 to get a new look.

I even took on my fear of zippers and did invisible zippers on the throw pillows. So glad I did. It was much simpler than I thought. I followed these directions. I filled them fairly tightly though they could stand a little more stuffing.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: