In order to leave and return the country we have to passports. Even the baby! It only took three shots to get one that would work. So one more thing off the to-do list for Brazil. Kind of looks like a mug shot!

Next, I've been on a "dumpster-diving" (though no dumpsters were actually involved) kick for a couple of weeks and found two items for free and one almost. One, the chair was from a second hand store that said they couldn't sell the chair and that I could have it! Yeah for me. The frame was broken but Scott fixed it for me. It could stand some new padding etc but it is good for a free chair.
The next one is a dresser we picked up for $15. The center post was broken but we knew we could fix that. SRI spent about 2 hours fixing and reinforcing it. Now it's good a new (well it was new!) We get to have a nice dresser in our room and the kids got moved out.
The latest find is not as nice and easy to remedy. I did pick this one up off the side of the road. Florence has this interesting curbside pick up. If you can get it to the curb the city will pick it up in this big truck that has a crane to lift stuff. Kind of nice but when the items sit for a long time the town looks a little trashy. Anyway, it is a nice old dresser but it's missing one drawer and the other two don't slide well. So What can I do with this? I want to use it in EJ's room.
Now we have the problem of to much seating in the living room. I'm not sure how to situate two chairs, a computer armoire, sofa, loveseat and ottoman....maybe my sister will help me when they come out! But that is for another post.

2 comments:
When & why Brazil?
our best friends here are up and moving to Africa today. A year's sabbatical teaching at University of Victoria. We have no drive for that sort of thing. I can barely get dressed in the morning. Oops, scratch that. Seldom...
Scott is presenting there. It is in June and will be over our anniversary too. Kind of fun. I am serioiusly debating leaving Spencer home though. Last night was a rough one. But he'll only be 9 months and I'd have to pump before and during...we'll see. And the 18 hour flight with a wiggly 9 month old.
Post a Comment