Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter, Bees and Bokashi

This collage covers some of the excitement around our place. Top Left is Scott and WH making Bokashi to help our massive composting output. We have made our own buckets recycled from 5 gallon buckets retrieved a local bakery.
Then we have the kids collecting easter eggs in a hunt at our house with just our kids. The Easter Bunny (aka Mom) got WAY out of hand with candy and we decided to forgo the usual community hunt. They had fun.
Next is SRI2 looking adorable in the pack on Scott's back.
Wonderful Sally made this dress for EJ. She had it done in a week I think. EJ was SO suprised to get it back so quickly! This is understandable because her yellow eyelet dress is still cut out on the table:{
WH is finding a very well hidden egg. A pink egg the same color and size as the Camilla flowers. Yes, we did help by pointing in the right direction.
Now, I've saved the best for last. You might think this is the typical bee swarm collecting picture but you would be wrong. It's me! Check out Scott's blog to read more about our insanity with bees. I should say the I got the call to catch this swarm and with Scott having just gone into a meeting that had the potential to last a long time I made the executive decision to go and get the swarm myself. Yes, I loaded up the recently painted hive and all the gear and the two boys into the van and headed off. Lucky, Scott called just as I was leaving and I picked him up on the way. Good times in the life and times of beekeeping with the Infangers. Welcome to my reality.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: