
So really haven't been quilting much since leaving Nashville last year. I got a quilting magazine for Christmas and one article asked
Why do you quilt? What is your story in Fabric? I still don't have an answer for that. I love fabric and the colors all nicely lined up on the shelf washed and ready to use. I love creating something beautiful and unique. I love to surprise people with the quilt at a shower having only used their registry for inspiration or a key word or phrase. I think one of my favorites is still the one I made for Lisa using John Deere as the keyword.

A few weeks back Sally posted about a mobile she was making from this
pattern. I have become a little bird obsessed and make trios of birds for my kids and neices and nephews. I still have more than a dozen cut and ready to sew when I have time.

My other find lately is blocks. Made with fabric of course. So easy and I wonder why I didn't make them sooner. I plan to make many more blocks and experiment with different fabrics. I found this
tutorial on line. I love the internet!

Monkeys are the other animal of the hour. I hope to make the kids some longer limbed monkeys, but these will have to do for now. I made a pattern (yes I actually drew free hand!) based on numerous monkeys I found in my internet searching. I am so glad others are more creative than me and are willing to share.
2 comments:
I love Sally's birds as well and I am going to make some (as soon a I finish/start Andrew's quilt). Speaking of which -- where do you find the time, you are amazing. I'm glad you started blogging, it is fun to keep up with friends this way.
Time? I don't really find it I just ignore other things for a few days and then I get caught up again. I have some big projects I hope to finish this year. We'll see.
Post a Comment